Wednesday, October 22, 2008

More Pumpkin Bread!

I have another pumpkin bread recipe. The one I posted last year, Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread, is still the best I have had. However, this year I was looking for something a little more healthy for Camilla to snack on and I found a great one:

Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
miniature chocolate chips
FROSTING:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the eggs, pumpkin, oil, honey and water; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined; fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
Fill greased or foil-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes.

*I didn't add the walnuts since noone around here would eat them (except me) and I made them in a mini-muffin pan- oh and I halved the frosting (it is mostly for Ryan). Perfect snacks for baby and mommy :) The frosting is so good, I kept it in the fridge separately. Hope someone tries one of these!

(both recipes are from allrecipes.com)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

num yummy ;) (have you seen the soup commercial?? if not this will not make sense)

Cari said...

yum! i'm definately going to make some bread! thanks for posting! and that frosting recipe is my staple, i make it anytime i need to frost anything! yum :) way to post amber!