Sunday, May 11, 2008

easy coconut curry (thai style)

With both of the recipes I just posted I kind of made them up so the amounts are as close as I could get them but taste along the way to make sure you like the taste of things. We thought both turned out really good. I especially liked the curry cause I am a huge fan of thai food :)

2 med onions
4 cloves garlic
3 1/2T butter
1 can coconut milk
a dolup of sour cream
2 cups chicken stock
2T red chili paste
2T curry powder
1 1/2T ground cinnamon
kosher salt
pepper
any meat (I used steak)
2 cups snow peas
1 container of mushrooms
1/2 red pepper
1/4 cup cilantro
2T lemon juice

Cook the onions, garlic and butter on a medium low heat for fifteen minutes, the onions should be translucent at this time. add the chili paste, curry powder, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and mix in well. Then add the coconut milk, chicken stock, and sour cream. Let that simmer for about 20 min. Then add in the meat, peas, mushrooms, red pepper, cilantro, and lemon juice. Cook for another 15 min or until veggies are soft. Taste and see if you need to add more salt or lemon juice.

2 comments:

Cari said...

yum! that sounds great! i am amazed at these recipes that you just come up with!

Amber Marie said...

they both sound so good. i have never made thai food before but will now! every time I go down the asian food aisle I get SO excited but have no idea what to buy :)